Broadvoice, Global NAPS & Convergent Networks
- As COO for the Receiver, facilitated the sale of a consumer VOIP business and the liquidation of an internet backbone business through a Federal Receivership.
- Supervised the untangling of the consumer VOIP and Internet backbone networks.
US Trade Magazine Publishing unit of European Based Publisher
- Business unit was a roll-up of US based trade publications.
- Overhauled revenue cycle including organization, process and procedures and IT support.
- Shifted focus from collector productivity to refusing orders from past due accounts.
Distributor of Garage Doors to the construction market
- Reviewed status of new computer systems and stress-tested financials.
- Family run business was recently acquired by a supplier
Private Equity Firm with 21 portfolio companies and $23b in acquired annual revenue
- Closed public to private transaction of $175MM revenue business services company on 10 days notice with no equity investment.
- Target was short cash and assets and an investment greater than the limited partners had approved was feared.
- Company senior management were mentally and physically “checked out.”
- Coached newly promoted VP Finance on operating in a leveraged environment. Installed cash flow forecasting tools.
- Nine months later the debt was paid off and company became EBITDA positive – still no equity investment.
Designer and manufacturer of architectural goods to the commercial construction industry
- Periodically reviewed business controls and financial and management systems for this high growth specialty manufacturer.
- Recommended improvements to keep up with the growth before problems could occur.
Early stage manufacturer of robots for the health care industry
- New investors required an annual audited GAAP financials.
- Company had operated with shoe box accounting and an MRP system jerry rigged by 3 MIT engineers.
- Faciliated first ever physical inventory to support auditable financial statements.
more past assignments, click here.